Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dad blab





I just caught up with the news here. I enjoyed Nessa's short story and Tobin's rocket. I also read the three short reviews. I'm sure I would enjoy reading all three and especially Hunter's book. Between reading Mom's comment (I read that first) to the summary of Hunter's book I remembered a conclusion that I came to while tripping on something back in 1969; a conclusion that later led me to decide to learn about the bible. I was thinking about what a lousy person I was and decided that the one way anyone could change the world for the better would be to become a "good" person. Since then I have discovered that becoming good is rather a daunting task and down right impossible. Alas, now I seem to be a people pleaser that has mis-applied Paul's idea of being all things to all men.

We're getting a taste of the heat wave but fighting back with our a/c's blasting away. Gee, are we blasting away at the ozone layer and just making it worse in the long run. Nah, those green people are just little martians that have come to make us feel bad about our comfort. We'll let the scientists battle that out, after all, they're the only ones qualified to really know what is going on.


Mom mentioned the boat trip, the "Cruz". We had fun and it was a perfect day on the weather front. Plus we had no real mishaps except for one person falling into the water in Booth Bay Harbor; his foot slipped while trying to hop aboard after pushing us away from the dock and somehow the bathroom got locked but the captain popped the window and another guy climbed in and unlocked the door. I will try to put a few pictures here for you. The last photo is Chop Point Camp from the Kennebec River. Jesse, the cranes are some of the ones you saw and asked about on our way to Popham beach. In the next few days I'll try putting the photos in that dropbox thingy.


Love you all










No comments:

Post a Comment