This post includes the comments I first tried on my birthday post.
Jesse, your new position at school sounds like a wise choice and change. It seems to me that Frank Schaeffer or someone on his team worked very hard to come up with a title that would catch the attention of a variety of potential readers. I never thought about the bible having a “strange take on sex” before. I was reminded that a former assistant attorney general that I was acquainted with once commented to someone (in my hearing) that he was a neighbor of the Schaeffers and hung out with their son, I assume Frank. His name is Francis Ackerman and lives here in Augusta. He is also a sufferer of Parkinson’s. I believe he thinks the Schaeffers were a bit odd and he said that he stumped Francis Schaeffer with a question; I think it was one of those regarding how you reconcile a loving Almighty God and all the suffering in the world. It was not a topic I wanted to wade into under the circumstances but I thought perhaps he had just not accepted the answer he received as an actual answer.
Thanks for the slipper story. It is so nice that Nessa can love something and not feel the need to make it her own.
Elizabeth, fall for me has usually been a time of renewed energy. It could be because of always loving fall and with fall comes football. I say renewed energy because I often have thoughts of renewing efforts of exercising regularly. I think that happens because of wanting to get into shape like the football players. I have also liked fall because of the colors and crisp air. The only thing that makes me pause is the shorter daylight time which seems more pronounced since I retired. You might think it should be the other way around but for some reason it isn’t for me. Of course I have not started any real exercise schedule yet but I am still thinking about it. So, alas, I am not aware of having sadness as I enter the fall season. As you can see, that which keeps me from that possibility is extremely deep and meaningful.
Any exercise I might have started tomorrow (Monday) will have to be postponed because I injured myself yesterday (Saturday) at the Maine Motor Transport picnic at the VP’s home. It was what turned out to be the last play of a wiffle ball game. I was the batter and when I started my dash to first base my right calf muscle went into a knot, I was thrown out for the third out and the end of the game. I am just beginning to walk carefully using the heel to toe movement. Last night and this morning I was just keeping the weight on my heal and walking with a stiff right leg. I never remember I am supposed to just take it easy in such games.
I wonder if Jesse has that feeling I often get when I finally do some kind of project but particularly cleaning up projects which is along the lines of thinking how good it is to have the cleaning done and why didn’t I get it done much sooner. On to the Florida room!
Thanks again for the birthday card on the blog and the birthday call. I love you all very much and am looking forward to seeing you in two weeks.
Love, Grampie
PS
Mom just ran the idea past Nathan of joining us for the trip/visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment