Friday, December 02, 2011

Pipe Dream

Me oh my! I was hoping to put up a couple pictures from our visit, but haven't taken the time to get them off the camera onto our computer, yet. It is a nice, new tradition we have all taken to the last few visits of viewing the pictures and videos together on the t.v.!!!!

Well, I have just applied for the 2nd/3rd grade teacher at the Susquehanna Waldorf School. It is certainly a "pipe dream," but sometimes pipe dreams are realized. :) Between working at the Milton Hershey School, and having taught staff in various trainings, including the CPR/1st Aid courses I teach now every few weeks, I decided that it was worth a [long] shot. I am having a hard time praying about it without ending up seeming to pray for my own will to be done. :) Anyway, that's the scoop.

We plan to saw down our Christmas tree this afternoon! Originally, I had hoped to stick a couple surprise kittens under it this weekend, too, but that won't be happening, yet. I was interviewed Wednesday over the phone by a Furry Friends Network volunteer. She had to write it up and send it off to someone else who takes it from there and makes sure all the necessary questions were asked. Then that person sends it to another person who looks it all over and finally decides whether we should be trusted with a couple cats. I told them that there were circumstances that I thought could mean valid reasons for having to get rid of pets. I let them know that I valued human beings above animals. And I was prepared to tell them that I was not able or willing to spend "even just" one thousand dollars on medical care for a cat, but they didn't ask me. LOL. So we'll see...

We all miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment