Thursday, February 16, 2012

hello again??

Well, even the Hake family blog goes through dry spells and they have lots of people. So, anyway, hello again. :-)

Last October, a lady emailed me and asked if I'd like to get together for a play date with our kids. She saw my info on the HAHA (Harrisburg Area Homeschoolers Assoc.) members' website. I agreed to meet her and her two children, but felt a little funny about it. It felt like a "blind date" of sorts. Anyway, I suggested we meet someplace like the park instead of at one of our homes at first. Our chosen date came with rain, so we met inside a play area at the mall. Then in early December we met up again at the indoor learning/play center of a wildlife sanctuary. This morning, we just got together again. She has a daughter who is less than a year younger than Nessa and a son not quite a year older than Tobin. The lady, Tiffany, and I hit it off right away, and all the kids play really nicely together. We all have lots of little things in common. (On our first play date, she brought up trick-or-treating. She is a Christian, so we both felt relieved and happy that each other was cool about Halloween, as it seems to be something that some Christians don't participate in.) Today, Tiffany even brought up "potty humor" and mentioned that she still finds it funny. She allows her son to joke about poop and farts, etc. and has to remember herself to remind him that he can only do it at home. :-) Anyway, it is nice that they found us, because they are very comfortable to be around.

Out of the blue, Nessa announced that she does not want to marry a man with red hair! I tried asking questions to see if she had heard others talking about that. But it seems like she thought of it all on her own. Although... she may have heard me talking about how in the past I thought that I didn't want a red-haired son. So it may be my fault. But I haven't talked about that recently. Oh, well...

Tobin was playing veterinarian with stuffed animals. He was a vet treating some creature and announced very matter-of-factly, "Now I have to cut the skin off your penis." It was Nessa's stuffed animal, which was supposed to be a girl, so Nessa cried out, "No! Don't do that! It doesn't have a penis!" So Tobin corrected himself, "Oh, okay. I'll cut its vagina." Nessa put an immediate end to that vet's decision, and they smoothly bridged into another, more appropriate scenario. But I was left wondering if Tobin had been inspired by hearing circumcision mentioned during Bible readings. Or if he was inspired by the adoption of our cats having been timed around their getting fixed. And they came shaved in that area. ???

Our cars are both still chugging along.

Jesse goes back to the Logos school in York next Monday, not this coming Monday/ Presidents' Day, but the week afterward to continue candidating for the position of principal. We will both feel better once we hear one way or the other. Jesse says that he is just encouraged that they are actually considering him for such a position. So, if he is not offered that job, we will both probably be disappointed at first. But probably, with God's grace, not for long - it will be a good experience to have gone through.

I just ordered myself a little bit of yarn to knit a hat for myself. I haven't done any knitting in this new year, yet, and even though winter is almost over, I could use a new hat.

Mom and Dad, have you guys tried booking any particular time share for June, yet? (I'm just curious, not impatient.)

love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment